mercredi 27 février 2008

Qu'est-ce-que c'est ?/ What's this?

Je suis moi-même étonnée d'être lue dans des pays anglophones, je vais donc faire plaisir aux lecteurs de ces pays en essayant de produire quelque chose qu'ils puissent lire également.
As I am apparently read in some few English-speaking countries, I guess I should write occasionally in English. It is not made in the purpose of showing a broken bilinguism but to honour my English-speaking readers.

Today, I will show you 2 contraptions and you have to guess for what aim those kind of things are designed for. I think it would be fairly obvious, though.
Je vais vous montrer 2 choses assez loufoques, essayez de deviner ce que c'est.

This one had been found in advertisement put in the newspapers.

Yes, this is weird but this kind of thing exists. This is an implement made for Japanese girls who want to have western people-like eyes. To my mind, it is ludicrous those kind of device used by Japanese to improve on beauty. Some of their physical obsession seem so stunned. Note that to refer to the basic necessities, Japanese have the word i-shoku-ju referring to clothing, food and shelter. Clothing comes first because external appearance comes first. Some would not agree, but can't deny their going too far with beauty (make up designed for men, women's face razor, breast stuffing, great use of blue or green coloured lenses and so), while people with very filthy set of teeth can be found. Of course, this is better than plastic surgery and of course, this is another kind of civilization... Ridiculous shallowness, this is what I say.

Oui, c'est une pince pour se faire des paupières comme les occidentaux ou au moins avoir des yeux un peu plus en amande (ou moins en trou de serrure). Vanité des vanités, tout est vanité.

The next contraption is funnier and very odd in its packaging. Let's try it together if you find what it is. Just kidding.

Got it ?

Cute, isn't it ?
In Japan, they use a lot of cute pictures, or animals, or characters for almost everything and everywhere. I assume that cuteness creates a sort of emotional link and sells easily. Nevertheless, I am not surprised to find those kind of packaging for condoms as sex and relationships between men and women in Japan seems a bit shameful.

Mignon, non ? Ça ne vous donne pas envie d'essayer ?
On a tout de suite moins honte d'acheter ce genre de truc hein.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
Anonyme a dit…

LOL!!
The first one is definitly weird and look painfull, what the hell is that ô_ô ?
The second one is funny xD! I remember of someone who was ashamed to buy some, Im sure with that he will be ok.
By the way, You didn't add me on my new msn, but it's ok, I assume it's because you don't want to talk ^^!
Happy to see your blog alive anywat, I didn't came back since early december ..